Every season is the perfect season for lighting scented candles at home. Whether you are trying to unwind after a summer escapade with your friends or you are wanting relive the feelings that summer brings, or maybe you would like to create a warm and cozy ambiance amidst the continuous winter snow fall, candles will always be there as your trusted allies in making your home smell and feel like the current season. And while you can light candles at almost any time of the year, there is one season during which candles are widely used – and that is during fall or autumn.
Recreate or reinforce that homey atmosphere and relaxing feeling that comes with autumn through the use of scented candles. And since this season really goes by so fast, it would not be surprising to know that there is a large group of people who would like to enjoy and most of the time extend the season through home decor and celebrations, which are usually associated with fall. This is the reason why the sales for fall scented candles skyrocket during this season. As a matter of fact, people are so hooked fall, that they purchase candles all the way to the winter, and some even collect them to use all year round!
Fun Scented Candle Facts
Before you go out and grab every scented candle that’s perfect for your most favorite season, here are some fun facts about candles:
- Scented candles are used by 7 out of 10 households in the mainland United States alone.
- They come in different scents, but the ones that creates a homier and cozier ambiance are the kinds that most people go for. From the scents of food such as the all-time favorite pumpkin pie, the classic smell of autumn leaves and freshly picked flowers, as long as people are reminded of home, they will buy them.
- Candles are present at almost every family or life changing occasion. But most people purchase candles for birthdays, holiday celebrations (Hanukkah, Christmas), and weddings, as well as for home decorations and utility purposes.
Uses of Scented Candles
So what makes scented candles so in demand during the autumn season? Well, people purchase autumn scented candles because they use them to:
- Decorate their homes and recreate that comforting feeling of the season. These candles are also perfect during the winter since, they provide you that emotional and aesthetic warmth that you are looking for.
- They are the perfect mood enhancers or changers. So if you are home from a very tiring and stressful day, or you are trying to keep that cozy vibe during family gatherings or when you are hosting a get together dinner with your friends, trust that your scented candles are there to help you set the right tone and mood.
- Scented candles are used as aroma-therapy. Have you ever noticed that there are so many candles at health and wellness spas? You can bet that these are not just used to create a relaxing environment for their clients; they are also used for their therapeutic effects.
- Candles are also the perfect gifts for the holidays such as Christmas and also for special occasions such as housewarming parties, birthdays, dinner party gifts and even as a sign of appreciation.
Candle makers from all over the world understand that there is a large demand for scented candles, accessories and other candle-related items. This is the reason why there are so many variants and scents available in the market today. But of course, not all scents would make you feel like autumn all year round, so it is very important that you know which scents or smells would perfectly fit the season that you are trying to accentuate and recreate at the same time.
The Perfect Fall Candle Scents
While there are so many scents, smells or fragrances created for fall, there are also some that are a cut above the rest. Here are the top scents that remind people of their favorite season the most:
- Spiced Pumpkin – needless to say, this is the scent that everyone goes for when looking for the perfect scented candle for fall. The homey smell of vanilla, spices and freshly baked pumpkin pie definitely hit the right spot when it comes to recreating that perfect autumn ambiance.
- Maple and maple butter scotch – this is entirely not surprising because anything related to Thanksgiving, Christmas and even Halloween food and festivities will surely be a hit when it comes to scented candle fragrances. The smell of maple definitely spells autumn to millions, if not billions of candle lovers in the world.
- Autumn Leaves – a song of the same name was released decades ago, but its message will definitely live forever; because even if you are not familiar with the song, you are most certainly familiar of the feeling that falling leaves during fall brings. Autumn leaves gives off that subtle earthy feel with hints of flowers and fruits such as apples and berries.
- Cinnamon and apples – aside it being reminiscent of the smell of mulled wine, perfect for the winter season, it also gives off that homey and relaxing feeling that most people love. Since these candles smell of spices, you have to very careful when choosing which brand to buy. Choose those that gives off that subtle smell since the strong aroma of cinnamon and even nutmeg can be off putting for some people.
- Rich Woody Scents – autumn is also associated with tress that are changing their leaves and even a long walk in the park or even the woods. The weather is so perfect that even a light gust of wind spreads the calming smell of freshly cut wood. Now, each type of wood or tree offers a different smell that when put together, gives you that cozy and warm feeling inside. Look for scents that contains notes of apple, maple and even ground cinnamon and patchouli.
- Orange and Cinnamon- based on the above mentioned popular fall scents for candles; cinnamon is always part of the fragrance profile for this particular season. And when paired with the musky and citrusy scents of fresh oranges, it creates a whole new aroma that will leave people craving for more.
Now that you know how you can use your candles and fall is almost at your arms’ reach, it is definitely time to start stocking and decorating your home with your most favorite autumn-perfect scented candles!